Looking for a copper scrap yard near me?” At King Scrap Metal, we’ve got you covered. If you’re looking to sell your scrap copper and get the very best prices in Perth, our friendly team can provide you with the best solution for your ongoing or one-off needs.
Copper is a soft, ductile, malleable metal with a very high electrical, thermal conductivity and is corrosion resistant. The shiny and red-ish metal is mainly used in electrical wires, telecommunication cables and electronics.
Copper Scrap is one of the most valuable scrap metals you can sell.
Here are the types of items that use copper
- Copper pipes
- Copper cabling
- Copper tank
- Copper tubing
- Copper wiring
You can find these three types of copper scrap
- Copper 1: Bright wire copper, shiny copper wire, uncoated or stripped insulated copper wire.
- Copper 2: Clean copper pipes, tubes, bars or offcuts. The copper needs to be without painting, oil and uncoated.
- Copper 3: Copper pipes, tubes, bars or offcuts with paint, welding residue and small amounts of oil, but no steel or plastic.
Also, copper can be found in or be associated with other metals such as:
Scrap insulated copper wire
There are different grades of insulated copper scrap depending on the percentage of copper recovery that can be retrieved. PVC cable copper consists of wire covered by a small amount of plastic insulation.
- Scrap data and communication cables
- Household, TPS scrap cables
- Earth or power cables